Statement of intent (improved)


Statement of intent

My movie “From the Dirt” will focus on an on-going conflict between a street gang  and young  street raised teens from a socially deprived area. The conflict takes place in West London, and is centred on the goal of making money. It will show their struggles and risks they take to make their money. My trailer will show the struggle Wiktor and Igor go through in this lifestyle and environment, focusing on the pressures of not only earning money by any means but also growing up as a teen and conflict between his life of crime, school and personal relationships. 

I will be using several props which I will not over show explicitly due to the trailer having to fit in with the watershed requirements. I will still show and imply some sort of violence but keep it limited and not too Gorey or bloody as it may become too much for a younger audience. I will also keep swearing out of the script as too much can so that  my movie not fitting in with the watershed hours. Following all these guidelines I will still create a gritty and urban atmosphere to give the readers an incredibly raw and realistic feel of what happens. This will be accompanied by costumes to signify clearly what roles and motives certain characters have. Other surrounding characters will be wearing tracksuits, baggy jeans, puffy jackets, black gloves, hoods and anything else that falls under the stereotypical urban clothing.

I will have a cast of 5 to fill all the roles needed to create this realistic atmosphere. I will also use some actors twice but conceal their face or not record it to fulfil less important roles and to create a more realistic atmosphere for my trailer.

In terms of props I will be using fake pistols and assault rifles to reinforce the dangerous and unpredictable atmosphere Wiktor and Igor are growing up in. These props will also be used several scenes and also for retaliation between the two gangs. I will also be using fake knives and narcotic packaging to reinforce this gritty atmosphere but only show it in the background so it can still be showed during watershed hours, and in terms of weaponry I will show them but not in use them in an explicit fashion. I will also use a motorbike and car to reinforce the realism and they will also need to be used for particular scenes.

This will also help vary the locations used more as we will be able to use more locations as travelling to them will become easier. I will be using alley ways, abandoned buildings and quiet streets. Also i shall use estate buildings to create a more realistic atmosphere 

I will create a script that is easy to understand, but also relatable for all audiences, so I will use slang terms for the younger audiences to understand but not overuse it so that audiences that are either older, or outside of London will also understand what is being said. At some points of my trailer I will switch the dialogue to Polish with subtitles, but I will also limit this and only use it when it fits and will be more effective to use, otherwise the subtitles will become too tedious for the audience to keep reading.

I will use ambitious camera angles and shots to create an interesting trailer and make it look different to everything else. For example I plan to film a shot of the motorbike, from the car like you would with a dolly cam. Also I will be using a combination of close ups, medium shots and long shots in action montages.  

I will use a combination of fast paced and slowed down editing to create different effects and feelings for the audience. I will also be using after effects to make some scenes look darker, and alter the lighting.

In terms of representation, I will be reinforcing stereotypical behaviours in both the street gang and the young teens. This is because often with criminal and thugs, they tend to reinforce certain stereotypes, such  as : Polish people's abuse of  alcohol; Black people being in gangs and selling drugs; Polish Immigrants; Youth participating in anti-social behaviour; 

My first poster (appealing to males) will include dark colours, and have a rougher grittier look, whereas my poster aimed at a female audience will have smoother colours and not look as rough, but in particular emphasise the female characters to silence the masculine aspects of the posters. And finally my final poster aimed at fans of the genre will feature teens in particular.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Applying Marxism

Marxism & hegemony: blog tasks

Captial: Case Study