Statement of intent

Statement of intent

My movie will be about two rival gangs, in West London who's on going feud is re-fuelled. The war will be fuelled by trying to take over turf. The movie will mainly focus on the highest ranking members from O13 and low ranking members from the mafia who will be portrayed as street thugs. The rivalling gangs are O13 and an unnamed mafia. My movie will reinforce stereotypes of Black people joining gangs from a young age, and Eastern European mafias. I will give stereotypical clothing to both sides. O13 will be wearing baggy jeans, big puffer jackets, hoodies etc, and the Thugs will be wearing Adidas tracksuits. I will include scenes that suggest drug abuse, drug dealing and use of weapons but I will try my best to not explicitly show any of these things. 

I will stick to the brief to make sure I meet every requirement especially in terms of creating enigma with the use of lig hting and costumes. I hope to create meaning through the way my characters are dressed and their personalities and attitudes to one another in order to create a feeling of sympathy towards one character and hatred towards another. 

I will be using several props which I hope to not show explicitly due to the trailer having to fit in with the watershed requirements. I hope to still be able to show some sort of violence but keep it limited and not too Gorey or bloody as it may become too much for a younger audience. I will also keep swearing out of the script as as too much can lead to my movie not fitting in with the watershed hours. 

I hope to have a cast of at least 5-6 but ideally use more to be able to fit more characters in. I will be needing at least 3 members from each organisation, a mother, a boss and possible extras here and there for play the less important roles. I have considered possibly using the same actors twice but as different roles and in concealed costume to save time still remain efficient. 

I will also be using props such as motorbikes, bicycles and hopefully be able to get my hands on a car I could use for particular scenes. This will be to enhance the experience and also to be able to perform more ambitious camera shots and angles for when I being producing, and I will also be able to create a more realistic and genuine feel for the movie trailer if I am able to use vehicles. This will not only help with creating a sense of realism but I will too be able to use these vehicles for an added effect on the audience and show their significance through the movie. 

I hope to use engaging dialogue between characters to help explain and develop the story further. This can also help create sympathy or hatred for certain characters and engage with the audience in order to create feelings within. 

I will use my time effectively and use a combination of fast and slower paced editing in order to create a feeling of suspense, excitement and also trigger emotions for the audience watching. 

My use of locations will stay limited to maintain my atmosphere and stay within a certain area of London. I will also use abandoned houses to create a sense of mystery and isolation. I will also use alley ways to reinforce the atmosphere created.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Applying Marxism

Marxism & hegemony: blog tasks

Captial: Case Study